Thursday, July 2, 2015

Clothes, Oh Clothes

Clothes.


Oh yes, the word deserves its own period, own line, own space in this blog, that's how powerful it is.

The ultimate question in life: "What should I pack?".

Morocco's climate varies by month, just like the United States. One day it could rain and be 82 degrees, another day there could be clear skies but it could be 50 degrees; it all just depends on the day. I recently read that it snowed this past year; I don't want to pack clothes for snow! I don't want there to be snow! I live on the east coast, I get plenty of that already.

It's time for change... hopefully.

My packing situation is not going to be as easy as I would like it to be. Since I am going to the Middle East, I practically have to buy a whole new wardrobe as there are different modesty standards for those living there. However, I have to buy clothes for both Morocco and Qatar. The only problem is, Qatar's weather practically stays the same throughout the year; HOT! This means that when I buy the clothes for Morocco, I am also buying clothes for Qatar.

I have an online shopping cart filled with all types of clothing. Mainly short sleeve shirts, some long sleeve (peasant like), and jogger/flowy pants-- classic Middle Eastern clothes. My main worries are that I will have too much of the same type of clothing, or I would not have packed accordingly for the weather. Basically it's a hit or miss.

My grandmother is a travel junkie, so she taught be how to pack efficiently. I once went to England for two weeks and literally packed my whole closet. Two checked bags, and I was nowhere close to wearing everything in my suitcases. To make matters worse, I went with a friend of mine and mainly wore what she had brought. I was waaaayyy over packed and would have been just fine with a few shorts, shirts and undergarments.

Since that trip, and after my grandmother had taught me her ways, I can now pack for a three week trip into a single carry on! It's great!

Nonetheless, I am leaving for another country for nine months and will be forced to pack a little too much. Shortly I am going to start making a packing list (clothes, toiletries, etc) and get everything I need :) !!

So in the end, when you hear the words "clothes" and "travel" in the same sentence, don't get too worried. Just be strategic when packing, and everything will be just fine.



shirts like these; simple but cute
pants like these

pants like these

No comments:

Post a Comment